by Kelly Cooper
Last week, we held our first Fiduciary Solutions Symposium. We want to thank each of you that came and participated. We enjoyed seeing all of you and getting a chance to catch up with you over breakfast.
For those of you that couldn’t attend, here is a brief recap. When we discussed topics that we wanted to present at the Symposium, we kept coming back to the constantly evolving and changing nature of our practices. Whether it is taxes, ADR or changes in state laws, things never stay the same. As a result, we decided to discuss a variety of topics and the trends we are seeing each day in our practices. It was difficult to narrow down the topics to two hours of content, but we ended up discussing the following issues:
- Digital Assets
- Social Media and Use in Litigation
- Gun trusts
- Civil Unions/Same Sex Marriage and related tax issues
- Reformation and modification of trusts and decanting
- Apportionment and allocation of taxes and expenses in administration
- Baby boomers and the “Silver Tsunami”
- Migratory Clients and Differing State Laws
- Trends in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
We had so much fun that we are taking the show on the road and will be in Salt Lake City on November 12th. We hope to see you there.